Published on Friday, 23 May 2014 05:11
First of all, what is Magic Lantern?
Magic Lantern is a free open source software that runs from the CF/SD memory card and adds a host of amazing new features to Canon EOS DSLR cameras. Unfortunately for now only Canon users can run Magic Lantern on their cameras.
Features of Magic Lantern:
- Audio Controls: The tools you need to capture the cleanest sound at the perfect level. Audio meters, manual audio controls, selectable input source.
- Movie Hacks: Various tools to improve the quality and editing potential of videos. Bitrate control, movie logging, auto-restart after buffer overflow or 4 GB limit, HDR video, advanced FPS control.
- Exposure Controls: Quick access to various exposure related settings. Zebras, false color, histogram, waveform, spotmeter, vectorscope.
- Shoot Features: Replace external accessories with built-in features.
- Fine controls for ISO, Shutter, Kelvin white balance and other image settings.
- Timelapse: intervalometer, bulb ramping, recording at very low FPS (down to 0.2 FPS), silent pictures without shutter actuation.
- Focus Tools: Focus tools and custom auto-focus patterns for photographers.
- Astro and night photography tools
- For strobists: flash exposure compensation, range up to -10 to +3 EV.
- Display Tweaks: Adjust the Live View image on screen.
- Advanced Scripting: Write scripts for time-lapse videos, bracketing, or anything you can think of.
- External Modules: Easily add new features by loading them as modules from the SD/CF memory card
- you can read more about magic lantern feutures here Read more: Magic Lantern Status
Published on Saturday, 17 May 2014 17:21
After three years of usage, my old gas grass trimmer definitely died. In the first two years it worked very well, but, after the warranty period expired, the problems started to come... It was a medium budget two stroke grass trimmer from MTD (MTD 790).
I decided to replace it with something from Stihl, I heard they do most reliable garden tools (chain saws, trimmers and brushcutters).
If you need help finding the right STIHL trimmer or brushcutter, you can try their interactive product selector here
I analyzed all the models matching my working area (more than 1 acre / ~4.800 square metres), budget and the two finalists were the FS 90 with 4-MIX engine and the new FS 94 with the old two stroke engine. The final decision was for the new FS 94, a professional grass trimmer that combines performance, portability and innovation.Read more: Stihl FS 94
Published on Tuesday, 20 August 2013 05:42
First of all: This Magic Lantern software can damage or destroy your camera, proceed at your own risk only!
Here you can download latest nightly builds of Magic Lantern firmware for: Canon EOS 5D, 7D, 60D, 70D, 650D, 700D and EOS M cameras.
Magic Lantern main features:
- audio meters, audio monitoring, manual audio controls, selectable input source, disable AGC;
- focus peaking, digital, trap focus, rack focus, follow focus and stack focus (macro photography);
- exposure helpers like: zebras and histograms;
- advanced exposure bracketing and focus stacking;
- fine adjustments for ISO;
- video bitrate control, FPS control, HDR video, movie auto-restart after 4 GB size limit;
- motion trigger;
- intervalometer, bulb ramping, bulb timer for time-lapse photography and astrophotography;
- info displays: clock, focus and DOF info, CMOS temperature, shutter count;
- flash exposure compensation, range up to -10 to +3 EV
- many more!
You can read more about magic lantern hereRead more: Magic Lantern Download
Published on Wednesday, 08 May 2013 05:35
I thinks this Arduino ProMini is the cheapest and smallest board with full capability based on Arduino.
The Arduino Pro Mini is a microcontroller board based on the ATmega 328P from Atmel (datasheet). It has 14 digital input/output pins (of which 6 can be used as PWM outputs), 6 analog inputs, an on-board 16Mhz resonator, a reset button, and holes for mounting pin headers (2.54mm). A six pin header can be connected to an FTDI cable.
The board comes only with holes (with 2.54mm spacing), without pre-mounted headers, allowing the use of various types of connectors or direct soldering of wires.
The pin layout of the Pro Mini board is compatible with the Arduino Mini.
This version of Arduino runs at 5V and 16 MHz, but it has a raw power connector where you can add power supply from 5V up to 12v (DC voltage!).Read more: Arduino Pro Mini
Published on Thursday, 17 January 2013 05:52
400Plus firmware hack for Canon 400D DSLR (aka. Rebel XTi / KISS Digital X), new tricks for your old DSLR.
Searching for custom firmwares for Canon DSLR's like Magic Lantern, I found an interesting firmware enhancement 400Plus, which offers additional functionality and capabilities to my old 400D (aka. XTi) camera.
400Plus it works by loading into your camera's internal memory automatically upon boot-up from the compact flash card to enhance the native camera firmware. Is not a permanent firmware upgrade, the original firmware remains unchanged and can easily be removed form the CF card.Read more: 400Plus
Published on Wednesday, 05 December 2012 13:10
PWM (Pulse-width modulation) can be implemented on the Arduino Diecimila and Duemilanove in several ways:
- Bit-banging PWM
- Fast PWM
- Phase-Correct PWM
- Fast PWM Mode with OCRA top
Pulse-width modulation is a way of encoding a voltage onto a fixed frequency carrier wave (like on FM or AM radio)
Writing a value from 0 to 255 on a Arduino PWM pin, will cause the pin to output a PWM signal whose on time is in proportion to the value written, a value of 255 will be 5 volts on the PWM pin.
Becouse de power limitation of the Arduino PWM pins, I used in my schematics 2pcs of BD139 power transistor, one for every fan.
To protect PWM pins from the higher voltage (12v DC) I used an two channel optocoupler (LTV-826)
The schematics of this Arduino PWM shield is very simple, and anyone can build it. You can download all the project files you will need it hereRead more: PWM Arduino