If your Samsung Galaxy S4 phone keeps freezing, you've forgotten the security codes and/or your Gmail account you can take it back to default factory settings.
Before you start this process, is very important to make a backup of your personal files, this process will wipes everything on your phone!
Your SIM card will be untached.
You have to fallow some easy steps to hard reset your Samsung Galaxy S4 Androide phone.
First of all: Turn off the phone!
Now you can fallow this steps to factory reset yor Galaxy S4
- Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time: Volume Up key, Home key and the Power key.
- When the phone vibrates, release the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
- When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight 'wipe data / factory reset.'
- Press Power button to select.
- Press the Volume down key to highlight 'delete all user data.'
- Press Power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to turn the restart the device.
Samsung S4 reset How to video
On the video below you can see the entire process of reseting an Samsung Galaxy S4 phone.
If you hard reset your Samsung S4 to the factory defaults with SD card encryption setting enabled, the device will not be able to read your encrypted files. Disable this setting before resetting your phone.
If your phone is frozen and unresponsive, press and hold the power button for 7 seconds and your phone will reboot automatically.
Another way to reset your Galaxy S4 phone is: go to Settings / Accounts / Back up and reset / Factory data reset / Reset device / Erase everything
Alternative reset method is to use the Samsung Galaxy S4 reset code *2767*3855#