Galaxy S5 is the latest Android mobile from Samsung, and is the most anticipated Android phone of 2014.
The Galaxy phone has evolved in time, the camera gives clearer and faster snaps, the fitness-tracking abilities of the Galaxy SV are enhanced with dedicated heart rate monitor, and the fingerprint scanner give us the most secure Galaxy phone of all time.
The phone has a 5.1" 1080p Super AMOLED dusplay, up 0.1 " from last year. It uses a 2.5 GHz quad-core Snapdargon 801 CPU and has a 16 mpixel camera.
Samsung has done it's best to make the Galaxy S5 look quite different from the S4, it has a dimpled back not smooth and glossy as his predecessor.
Water resistance (IP67) of the device works just as it does on other recent water resistant phones, rubber seals on the plastic cover and on the flap that sits over the USB port on the bottom. IP67 rating meaning you can accidentaly submerge the phone in water for a very short time.
In conclusion the Samsung Galaxy S5 is a more robust and powerful phone than the older Galaxy S4.
Samsung Galaxy S5 specs:
- Os: Android 4.4
- CPU: 2.5 GHz Quad-Core
- Memory: 2GB RAM
- Internal storage: 16GB Internal Flash
- External storage: microSD slot Up to 128 GB
- Display: 5.1", 1920 x 1080 Pixel, Super AMOLED, GorilaGlass
- Front camera: CMOS, 2.0 MP
- Back camera: CMOS, 16.0 MP
- Video Recording Resolution: UHD 4K (3840 x 2160), @30fps
- Battery: 3.85 Volt, 2800 mAh, Lithium Ion
- Sim: Micro-SIM (3FF)
- Mobile network: LTE: Band 25/26/41; CDMA 1x/EVDO Rev.A: 800/1900MHz; HSPA+/UMTS: 850/900/1900/2100MHz; GSM: 850/900/1800/1900MHz, 2G, 3G, 4G
- Connectivity: 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4G+5GHz, VHT80 MIMO, Bluetooth 4.0, USB3, MHL 2.1
- GPS, Glonass
- Sensors: Gesture Sensor, Fingerprint Sensor, HR Sensor, Hall Sensor, Accelerometer, Geomagnetic Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Light Sensor, Barometer, Proximity Sensor
- IP67 Rating: submersion up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes
- Size: 5.59" x 2.85" x 0.31"